Monday, April 4, 2016

Student of the Month Story

Who- Leslie Lehman
What- Was elected for Student of the month
Where- James Bowie High School
When- March 2016
Why- Accomplishing the goals she has set for herself
How- She submitted a form to the student council in hope of winning the election

First Paragraph

Leslie Lehman was named Student of the Month at James Bowie High School for the month of March 2016 for accomplishing the goals that she has set for herself over time.

Nut Graf

To be named Student of the Month, students must submit an application to the Student Council to review and decide who is the most worthy of the award, Lehman's application was chosen among the other hundreds submitted.

Body

Receiving this award has been a long awaited goal of Lehman, "This award has made my peers respect me more and made me realize I am capable more of than I thought I was."

There were 378 other applicants shooting for the title, one of the runner ups was Patty Tomson, also a close friend of Leslie. "Leslie and I had always had the same goals which is why I think we are such great friends. I know there was a lot of competition and I am happy that one of my friends was named Student of the Month",  Tomsom said.

All of Leslie's teachers agree with the award going to Leslie because she has been a hard working student all this year, "She is always aiming for the best grade and puts a lot of thought into her assignments," Deborah Simons, one of Leslie's teachers says "she goes above and beyond the expectations."

Not only is Lehman involved in many academic activities, but she also takes time to join clubs and community programs, "I am a part of the Key Club, Tech Theater, a hospitality program and also play for the Bowie soccer team, as well as Lonestar club soccer."

Leslie has always loved school, but was said to be a little out of the ordinary when she was younger, "I was so weird as a young kid! All throughout elementary school I swear I was one of the weirdest kids there. But something that has never changed is my passion for school and learning new things."

"Receiving this award has taught me a lesson about empowerment, and it is something I will be able to carry with me throughout my life and cherish forever" states Lehman.












2 comments:

  1. GO TO MY BLOG TO SEE MY PEER GRADE FOR YOUR STORY

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://calliesphotojounrnalismblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete