Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Car Raid

I interviewed sophomore Nelson Andrew who drives a red Ford pick up truck. There were some very interesting finds in his two seat truck. I found used baseball grips in the cup holders and it turned out he has a big passion for the sport. "I've been playing for as long as I can remember," he said "baseball has always been an outlet for my emotions because it is something I'm really good at and it helps me calm down in the moment."

I also found a pair of Oakley sunglasses, which I assumed were used for baseball, but I was still tempted to ask Andrew about it. "I actually use those sunglasses for when I go golfing." So I asked him about his relationship with golf. "Golf is a sport I play to spend time with my dad. He's a big golf player and it's really important to me maintain a good relationship with my dad, and golf helps me with that."

Andrew's car was fairly clean but then I found an old ticket stub in the compartment. "That was from a while ago when I went to the movie's with this one girl. She was cool but a bit boring so I never texted her again." I wanted to follow up more on Nelson's social life so I asked him more questions about his relationships. "I have a lot of friends because I am part of a lot of teams such as baseball, gold, and church groups. I'm currently not in a relationship, and I don't think I want to be."

I was about done with my interview but then I had one final question to ask, which is I wanted to know what he uses his car for, such as where he goes on the regular occasion. "I actually like to go on  casual drives, it helps me relax, especially at night. I also have a little brother so I'm always forced to drive him places but I don't mind it."

From this interview it is obvious Nelson is a humble person who has a very social and active life. I've known him for a while but was never aware of all the little details of his personal life. It was very interesting finding out all these things by just the findings in his car.

No comments:

Post a Comment