Saturday, October 10, 2015

Academic Shoot Reflection and Critique

1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos following the rules I set out for you? 

The challenges that I encountered was finding a good subject point and then being able to position it in a way which it stands out. This was difficult for me because we were shooting classrooms, where there are a lot of people, and you had to incorporate all those people but still be able to make out an obvious subject point. 

2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly.


I thought about focus a lot because to me the most pleasing photographs are when your subuject is in great focus and then the background is a little blurred out. To get a good focus I would hold the button for a while and then shoot. I also sometimes focused the camera manually. 

3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?


There are a lot of things that I would do differently. First I would try to shoot from a whole lot of different angles. A lot of the time I just shot from the angle I was standing at. I would also hold the camera in vertically more and try to get more people in a photograph so it tells a better story but still find a good focus point. 

4. What things would you do the same?


What I would do the same is still foucs the camera properly and shoot the saem subject from different view points. 

5. When you go out with your next set of prompts, which rule do you think will be the easiest to achieve?


I think the rule of thirds is the easiest to achieve because you just have to postion yourself differently when taking the photo. 

6. Which rule do you think will be the hardest to capture?


I think the hardest rule to capture is either simplicity or framing. Simplicity is hard for me because you want the photograph to have meaning but you have to do it with not much action happening. And then framing is hard because you really have to inspect your surroundings and find a way to frame your subject. 

7. What rule are you still not totally clear on and what can you do to figure out what that rule is?



I am clear about all the rules. 



The blog I critiqued:

Katrina's Blog

I really liked her photos because all of them are telling a story and have emotion. My favorite is the black and white photograph because I like how all the boys are leading to the subject point and not distracting from it. On the last photograph I think if she were to crop out the clock on the right side it would be better because it's a little distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment