Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Love and Loss Warm-up

1. What emotions did you feel as you worked your way through these images?

As I first started looking at the photographs, I knew about the story but still felt hope because they were so positive and raw. The photographs were shot at a close angle which gave a feeling of intimacy. But as I began to scroll down, some of the photos made me feel almost uncomfortable because it was such an invasion of privacy. I know that if I were in that situation, I wouldn't want anyone to see me in that sort of state. At the very end, I felt sad because reality had kicked in, and if you look at the very first photograph, the woman is beautiful and happy, and then when you get to one of the last ones, she's sick, looks older and worn out. It scares me because beauty and health don't last forever, and this is a prime example. 

2. The photographer said this: "These photographs do not define us, but they are us." What do you think about this comment now that you have looked at the photos?


What I think this comment means is, yes these photographs are us, and you are looking into part of our lives. But there is so much more to a person, which you simply can't capture with a camera lense, and that includes, their past and their mind and thoughts they perceive. 

3. Do you think you could shoot photos like this if you were in this situation?


I don't think I would be able to shoot photos like this becuase when there are negatives in my life, I try to stay away from them as much as possible. And capturing the negatives and having them to look back on is too much for me to handle. I might be able to take photos of the person when they are in a happy, but not at difficult times. 

4. If you could write Angelo a letter, what would you say to him?


I would start out by saying that his work is beautiful and inspiring. It shows the challenges of life and what one person can handle. To me, the defintion of a great photograph is when you look at it, you are able to feel a strong emotion and see the story behind it. And it every single one of the photos, those elements were loudly present. I would also say that he is incredibly strong to be able to capture one of the toughest parts of his life, and then share it with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment